What a 12 months it’s been!
Collectively, our unbelievable group raised over £513 million for the charities and causes they love, and numerous fundraisers took on new challenges to smash their fundraising targets.
Right here’s a snapshot of the outcomes our unbelievable fundraising group achieved in 2022.
- 867,657 individuals took on a fundraising problem for over 23,000 charities this 12 months
- Over 16 million individuals made donations to good causes via JustGiving
- Help got here from throughout the globe – we accepted donations from a whopping 228 nations and islands
It’s been a busy 12 months! Individuals got here collectively to make good issues occur in so some ways.
- Over 20,000 JustGiving fundraisers ran the London Marathon, elevating over £40 million for excellent causes.
- 50,000 nominations. 24 finalists. 9 trophies. We celebrated some unbelievable fundraisers on the 2022 JustGiving Awards.
- Over £12 million raised since January to assist these affected by the present value of residing disaster – with 25,000 pages set as much as help those that want it most.
- Our group got here collectively to assist individuals the world over, together with these affected by the continuing battle in Ukraine, the flooding in Pakistan, and the Australian bushfires.
And that’s not all. Individuals throughout the globe determined to go above and past for causes near their hearts. Let’s crunch the numbers, lets?
Fundraising occasions are again and higher than ever
After a rocky few years and lots of charity occasions being held on-line, 2022 noticed the grand return of in-person fundraising occasions.
Fundraising occasions introduced in over £171 million to good causes on JustGiving. The London Marathon noticed the most important development – with an enormous 43% enhance in donations!
Our group actually went the additional mile for the causes they love. Fundraisers on JustGiving…
- …ran over 15.7 million miles
- …cycled 26.3 million miles
- …walked over 263.3 million miles
- …swam 1.1 million miles.
That’s 306.4 million miles in complete… or 12,306 journeys around the globe!
Greatest particular person fundraiser
This 12 months, individuals throughout the globe got here collectively to help these affected by the battle in Ukraine, elevating over £50 million.
Over 21,000 pages have been created to assist those that wanted it most acquire entry to meals, shelter, and drugs. Even amid such hatred and devastation, so many acts of kindness shone via.
12-year-old Gabriel did his half by whittling his personal wood bowl. His raffle went viral and he ended up elevating over £250,000 for Save The Kids’s Ukraine Enchantment, elevating essentially the most of some other particular person fundraiser on the platform.
A jam-packed 12 months for some…
Margaret spent her one centesimal 12 months on the planet making over 115 jars of jam and marmalade, to lift cash for Nightingale Most cancers Help. What a brilliant star!
Small however mighty!
16-month-old Violet raised over £500 for Yorkshire Mind Tumour Society by collaborating of their Step Into September problem. These are some small steps making an enormous distinction!
Imogen grew to become the youngest feminine to run the size of the UK, at simply 22. She raised over £32,000 for Younger Minds Belief.
Braving the shave
3104 individuals braved the shave for causes near their hearts! Izzy right here raised £800, by donating her hair to the Little Princess Belief.
Most beneficiant city
Bristol was named most beneficiant city of 2022 – this beautiful bunch gave essentially the most to charity this 12 months!
September was essentially the most profitable month of 2022 for each complete donations and the variety of fundraising pages created.
What an unbelievable 12 months in fundraising!
2022 has actually been a unbelievable 12 months for us right here at JustGiving – and our group has proven up for some very worthy causes.
Over 2.9 million donors donated to charity greater than as soon as this 12 months… and 958,930 supported the identical charity a number of occasions. Now that’s loyalty!
We couldn’t be prouder of our fundraisers, charities and donors – and we’re wishing you all the easiest for 2023. Thanks for making 2022 particular.
For the complete JustGiving unwrapped, click on right here.